The licenses and terms in this agreement are legally binding and we recommend all artists and users/ buyers read through them carefully to ensure they understand correct license usage.
All WAV Maniacs licenses are non-exclusive, whereby WAV Maniacs grants you a limited right to use a certain piece of recorded music (including a musical composition), hereby referred to as the “Recording.” This license is valid in perpetuity and for the World unless specifically indicated below. In consideration of the license, you hereby agree to pay WAV Maniacs a certain license fee according to our website rates (prices vary depending on length of track and license tier).
All recording have a sample “preview track”, which is freely available for download on the WAV Maniacs website via the recording page. These preview tracks are for internal testing and client approval purposes only and cannot be used for any other purpose including, but not limited to, any unlicensed use in commercial materials, advertisements, digital media or video synchronization. Any such use of a preview track is a breach of this licensing agreement.
Terms For All License Types
This license is for your own personal or organizational usage only, which can be personal or professional. You may use the Recording for your personal Projects and/or professional Projects you undertake for your clients or for your employer.
Limitations Of Use
• You may not resell the Recording (or otherwise make it available) as your “Product”, as your music or as your song, even if it has been transformed or edited, or if you add other instruments or vocals to the music. This is called a “Derivative Work” and it is not allowed. The artist always owns the Copyright of the music composition and recording.
• With any of our licenses you may use a WAV Maniacs Recording on YouTube, but the artist retains ownership of the Recording. You may not claim ownership of the Recording (or otherwise make it available) through YouTube’s Content ID, even if synchronized with your own Project.
• You may not sell, transfer, share, give away or sublease the license agreement or the Recordings to any other party.
• You may not resell the Recording by itself or as part of a package except as embodied within your own Project.
• You may not resell the Recording (or otherwise make it available) within a downloadable template where someone would be able to download the sound file as a separate file, such as in e-card templates or website templates.
• You may not resell the Recording (or otherwise make it available) as part of any competing product such as music compilation or music library.
You hereby acknowledge that the artist of the recording retains ownership of the Item but grants you the license on these terms. This license is between the author of the Item and you. WAV Maniacs LIMITED is not a party to this license or the one giving you the license. The Recording is protected by and subject to UK, USA and international copyright laws. WAV Maniacs retains the right to sell licenses of the Recording to third parties at its discretion.
Limitation Of Liability
WAV Maniacs makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, except that it warrants that it has the right to grant the license granted hereunder. The total liability of WAV Maniacs under this Agreement shall be limited to that part of the fee paid hereunder by you to WAV Maniacs for the license. You hereby agree that this license is granted to you without any other warranty or recourse.
WAV Maniacs makes all possible efforts to make sure that all the music and sound files that comprise its online library are available at all times. However, WAV Maniacs makes no representations or warranties that all Licensable Material will be available for use during the Agreement Term. WAV Maniacs may discontinue licensing certain music and sound files at its sole discretion. In the eventuality that WAV Maniacs gets a notice that any music or sound files may be subject to a claim of infringement of another’s right for which WAV Maniacs may be liable, WAV Maniacs may require Licensee to immediately stop using the Licensed Material, delete or remove the Licensed Material from its premises, computer systems and storage (electronic or physical); and ensure that its clients do likewise. WAV Maniacs shall provide Licensee with comparable Licensed Material (which comparability will be determined by WAV Maniacs in its reasonable commercial judgment) free of charge, but subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of England and United States. Nothing in the present Agreement shall be interpreted as constituting or creating a joint venture or partnership between the Parties. This Agreement shall be to the benefit of and bind the respective heirs, executors, administrators and assigns of the Parties hereto. If any part of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or any other legally constituted body having jurisdiction to make such determination, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.