At WAV Maniacs, we are committed to providing a transparent service that our users can trust and depend on. Respecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is secure are our highest priorities.
We may update this policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
If you have any questions about this policy or our privacy practices, you can contact us.
Our cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Essential website functionality – These cookies are necessary to enable to you to access and use our website as you have requested. For example, if you have logged-in, these cookies enable our website to recognise that you are logged-in as you navigate from page-to-page.
- Recording analytical data – These cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyse how our website is used and how it is performing. For example, these cookies track the length of time you have spent on our website, the specific pages you have visited and the locations of our visitors. We typically use Google Analytics cookies for this purpose.
- Targeting or advertising – These cookies are generated by third parties such as Facebook and Google and are used by those third parties to collect data about your activities on our website in order to provide you with relevant advertising when you visit other websites. Such third parties have their own privacy policies.
You can remove previously stored cookies at any time by manually deleting them from your browser. Please refer to the help section of your browser to learn more about how to do this.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain your personal data in the following ways:
- When you provide us with your information – for example, when you create an account with WAV Maniacs, purchase a music license from us, sign-up as an artist or edit your WAV Maniacs account details, we collect certain personal data to enable you to access and use our website, and so that we can fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Through your use of our website – when you use our website, we collect data about your use of our website, such as the songs you have played and the playlists you have created.
- When you contact us – we receive certain personal data when you contact us either directly via email or via a contact or enquiry form on our website.
- From other sources – from time to time we may receive your data from other sources, for example we may work with a partner to run a promotion involving signing up to our mailing list. These sources may collect and share your data with us, with your explicit consent to do so.
What type of information is collected from you?
We collect the following types of data from you:
- Account Details – This is the personal data that you provide in order to create and update your account with WAV Maniacs. This includes your email address and account password;
- Website Usage Data – This data is collected automatically when you use our website. This may include information about your interactions with our website such as the songs you have listened to, playlists you create and the pages you have visited. This also includes Technical Data such as cookie data, your IP address, the types of device and browser you are using and your computer’s operating system;
- Order Data – When you purchase a music license from WAV Maniacs, we collect personal data that you provide to us including your name, billing address and your organisation’s VAT no;
- Contests and Surveys Data – This personal data is collected when you chose to sign-up and participate in these types of promotions;
- Marketing Data – This personal data is collected when you sign-up to receive marketing material from us, when you interact with marketing material that we send to you or directly from a third party, with your explicit consent for us to receive and use it.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Carry out our obligation arising from any contracts entered into by you and us, and to provide you with information or products you’ve requested from us;
- Process orders you have placed and refunds you are due;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Personalize your experience on our website;
- Understand how our users collectively use our website.
- Notify you of updates to an artist or collection where you have requested notifications by using the ‘Follow’ feature;
- Seek your feedback on our website and customer service;
- Send you communications that you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about promotions, new music and updates to our website;
- Improve our website – feedback you provide may be used to improve our products and services;
- Send periodic emails;
- Process a job application;
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We use third-party service providers to enable us to operate some of our business activities, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. Where you have given us permission to do so, we may share your information with these third parties for only those limited purposes that you have agreed to.
Payment Gateways. When you make a payment on WAV Maniacs, receive a refund or receive a payment from us, WAV Maniacs does not process any of the payment information. We use the payment gateways PayPal and Stripe to process this information and you provide the information directly to these payment gateways who process that payment securely. PayPal and Stripe have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you read these to learn how your personal information will be handled and secured by them.
In the event that our business is restructured or sold to a third party, we may transfer your personal data to that party for the same purposes for which it was originally collected by us, and under the terms of this policy.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal information for as long as you have your account with WAV Maniacs. You have the right to request that your information be deleted (See “Your Rights” section below)
How do we protect your data?
We take extensive measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss or alteration, such as encrypting data and carrying out regular back-ups. Any data exchange between you and our website is processed via an SSL-secured channel, which is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
You have the following rights under GDPR law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal information;
- The right to request access to your information to be sure we’re using it legally;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is made accurate;
- The right to request that we delete or remove your information where there is no further reason for us to use it;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to refuse certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right to opt out of a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address below. (See the “Contact” section below)
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you may reach out to as at the address below. (See the “Contact” section below)
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce credit risk and fraud.
Links to other websites
Our website may include links to other websites run by other companies or individuals. This policy applies only to the WAV Maniacs website, so we recommend that you read the privacy policies of other websites you visit. WAV Maniacs is not responsible for the practices and policies of other sites that you may access via our website.
16 or under
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ensure that you have your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review and may make updates to it from time to time, so please check this page frequently to ensure you are happy with any changes.
By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site. Your continued use our the website after changes have been made to this policy will be regarded as acceptance of those changes.
Cookies and other Similar Technologies
We think it’s important for you to understand how cookies and other similar technologies are used by WAV Maniacs and our partners. These technologies help WAV Maniacs function, allow us to understand how you use the Services, and have a number of purposes (beyond just advertising) that you can read about in this policy.
This Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy was published on 30 April 2018
Types of Cookie Technologies
Cookies are small data files sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browsers cache and allow a website or a third party to recognise your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you dont have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time like after you leave the Site or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the Site, and allow WAV Maniacs to recognise you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than WAV Maniacs, and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
Cookies store data about your use, but they are helpful because they allow us to help WAV Maniacs function and customise your experience. You can configure your desktop or mobile browser’s settings to reflect your preference to accept or reject cookies, including how to handle third-party cookies.
In addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by WAV Maniacs and elsewhere on the web or in mobile ecosystems.
Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media Services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties.
UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator”, which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
Local Storage Objects: These (sometimes called flash cookies) are sets of data that can be stored on your browser by a Site or app. They can be used to maintain preferences, maintain a history of usage, or even maintain the state or settings of an app.
WAV Maniacs uses Cookie Technologies to recognise your logged-in state on producerloops.com, to understand what purchases members and visitors are interested in, to make our Site function for you, and to help your browsing experience and use of the Site and Services feel more customised. More generally, WAV Maniacs uses Cookie Technologies for the following.
Security and Authentication (Strictly Necessary)
Some cookie and similar technology functions are necessary and vital to ensuring that WAV Maniacs works properly for visitors and members, such as maintaining the security, safety, and integrity of the Site, authentication and logging into WAV Maniacs (including remembering permissions and consents you have granted), and ensuring the ability to securely complete transactions.
Account and User Preferences
Some technologies are used to remember your account and preferences over time, such as remembering your account or keeping yourself logged in when returning to WAV Maniacs, maintaining your choices on WAV Maniacs features and customising content based on how you use WAV Maniacs.
Performance and Analytics
Some technologies help provide performance data on how the Services are functioning in order to improve WAV Maniacs and the Services, including, for example, data on Site and speed to help us optimise WAV Maniacs, how the Services are used to help us improve your experience on WAV Maniacs, and detecting and gathering reporting on bugs to help make WAV Maniacs work better.
The Site also employs Google Analytics to help understand how WAV Maniacs is used by its community. For some of the advertising features listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with WAV Maniacs first-party data and third-party cookies (like Googles advertising cookies). To see how to opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, see the Opt-Out section at the bottom of this policy.
You can find more information on how Google Analytics works in this Google guide.
WAV Maniacs partners with third-party Service providers that may use various Cookie Technologies to permit us and them to learn about what ads you see and click on affiliated Sites or to show you ads off WAV Maniacs. These may include things such as:
- Frequency capping, which limits the number of times a users browser or mobile device displays the same ad;
- Attribution tracking, which estimates what advertising or marketing source brought someone to WAV Maniacs, or determines what marketing source led to actions like a visit or a purchase;
- Remarketing, which shows relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping and browsing patterns on WAV Maniacs;
- Audience targeting, which refers to targeting advertisements to a large audience based on the audiences known or inferred demographics; and
- Cross-device recognition, which recognises actions across multiple devices or browsers.
Some third-party Service providers may provide information like demographics, cross-device information, or interest categories from a combination of sources that, while not identifying you personally, permit us to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising. In some cases, this information may have non-marketing performance analytics uses as well.
These technologies allow a partner to recognise your computer or mobile device each time you visit WAV Maniacs or other websites and mobile applications based on data like a cookie, your IP address, or device ID, but do not allow access to other personal information from WAV Maniacs. However, these technologies may allow us or a third party to recognise you, either from a single device or across devices, over time. These third parties are required to follow applicable laws, self-regulatory programmes, and WAV Maniacs data protection rules where applicable. However, WAV Maniacs does not have control over these third parties, who each have their own privacy policies and privacy practices.
Consent, Contract, and Legitimate Interests in Processing
Certain Cookie Technologies are employed to make the Site function for its intended purpose, and are provided based on contractual necessity based on your agreement with WAV Maniacs to perform the Services you have requested. These include the functions strictly necessary to the Service noted above.
By choosing to use our Services after having been notified of our use of Cookie Technologies in the ways described in this Policy, and, in applicable jurisdictions, through notice and unambiguous acknowledgement of your consent, you agree to such use.
Managing Cookie Technologies
You have the ability to control the use of certain Cookie Technologies.
Opt-in and Opt-out on Browsers
In addition, when you use WAV Maniacs via a browser, you can change your web browser’s settings to reflect your cookie preferences for cookies directly from the Site you are on or for third-party cookies. Each browser is a little different, but usually these settings are under the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu.
Opt-out of Third-Party Networks
If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements, you may decline to receive interest based ads through TrustE/TrustArcs preferences manager (or if you are located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not stop you from being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements. Please note that if you reject or block all cookies in your browser settings, you will not be able to take advantage of WAV ManiacsServices as some cookies are necessary for the Site to function properly. You can learn more about managing your preferences for ads online, particularly for many third-party advertising networks, through resources made available by the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://www.aboutads.info or the Network Advertising Initiative at https://optout.networkadvertising.org.
Google Analytics Opt-out
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.